We’re excited to be expanding our team and are looking for an experienced carpenter to join us.
Job Title: Timber Framing Carpenter
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25-35 per hour
We are a small Timber framing company looking for people who take pride in their work and aim to produce quality materials through their carpentry skills. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have experience in a variety of skilled trades and carpentry techniques.
Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products. You will be responsible for precise cutting of joinery, layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of five or more years of carpentry work experience
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, chisels and planes)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability and desire to travel and work in remote locations
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Training in Sustainable Building Techniques an asset
- Experience in traditional timber frame and joinery techniques an asset
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings an asset
- Completion of secondary School and university or college mathematics an asset
Please apply for this position by sending your cover letter and resume by e-mail to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15th 2020, and quote the position title in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.