We’re looking for another fantastic addition to our growing team. Please share widely.
We are a small Timber framing company looking for an experienced carpenter with a positive attitude who takes pride in their work. We promise you won’t be bored. Our team works throughout Southern Ontario on a wide variety of projects including new construction and historical barn restoration. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, creative, resourceful and will have experience in a variety of skilled trades and carpentry techniques.
Our diverse team of carpenters works in diverse settings to produce, install and restore buildings and building features. You will be responsible for precise cutting of joinery, layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential, as is the ability to travel.
This is a great opportunity to join a small, energetic and creative company with a passion for high-quality and sustainable woodworking. Opportunities to grow with the company are virtually limitless for a candidate with the right attitude and skill set.
We adhere to strict COVID protocols as outlined by the Ontario government.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Cut Traditional Timber Frame Joinery
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of five or more years of carpentry work experience
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, chisels and planes)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- Working at heights and Fall Arrest Training
- First Aid Training an asset
- Training in Sustainable Building Techniques an asset
- Experience in traditional timber frame and joinery techniques an asset
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings an asset
- Completion of secondary School and university or college mathematics an asset
- Woodshop experience an asset
Please apply via email to mike (at)thetimberworks.com in reference to Job Title: Timber Framing Carpenter.
Job Type: Full-time, 1 year contract with potential to renew.
Salary: $35 per hour.